Isabelle and her babies are fascinating to watch. She is already such a little mother. She takes pristine care of them with feeding, naps, diaper changes, stories, songs etc. even play time under the tummy time gym! She has two specific favorites. They are a set of twin dolls she got for Christmas from Santa. The blue one has been named "Sarah" for quite a few months now after her cousin and the purple one was "Baby." A few weeks ago Isabelle asked me where Abby was. I looked at her shocked and confused. Abby is what we were going to name our baby if it was a girl, but we haven't talked about that for months since we're having a boy. I told her I didn't know where Abby was and then later she came to me with her purple baby excited, "Abby!" So now they are both named. Sarah and Abby. They each have their own bottles color coded as well, and they CANNOT get mixed up. I was getting dinner ready and she informed me Sarah was hungry. I looked over and saw Sarah in Isabelle's high chair with a chair pulled up right in front. She then asked me for milk and apples to feed Sarah.
In nursery there are 3 dolls that she will not let anyone else play with. In fact, there is a cupboard with nothing in it that she will hide the babies in so no one else can play with them. She's a hoarder when it comes to dolls and food. At home, anytime she's getting into something she shouldn't, I just have to say, "Oh no! Your babies are crying." She gets this funny look on her face and runs off to go check on them. Unfortunately she often comes back quickly saying, "Ok. Shhhh. Sleeping." And then continues finding lotion-ie shampoo, hand soap, sun screen, toothpaste etc- in my bathroom. She also has recently started just telling me, "Not crying." and continuing on her curoiousness. I just love to watch her. It's getting even more fun as she's talking so much more. It's funny to listen to the things a 2 year old says to her dolls. She's going to be so helpful as a big sister.

2 comments:
She's such a cutie!
Oh my gosh! That is sooooo cute!
Post a Comment