Well to make a long story short, the week I needed to sign paperwork for my teaching job, Mike got an interview with the Regional Vice President of this company. He was offered the job. I couldn't believe it! It's been a great learning experience. Timing has been everything along this. We still don't know where we're moving to and when, but we are not going to be staying here in the Salt Lake area. It's going to be a hard transition. I love my house, neighbors, and ward. I have some of the most amazing friends that have been so supportive through Clomid, a couple of pregnancies, unemployment, and just plain life. Isabelle has a little crew of her own friends she asks for all the time. Michael was one of about 20 baby boys born in a matter of a few months (no I'm not exaggerating). It's going to be hard.
I grew up away from ALL family. I know how to do it. I know I can do it. You make family out of friends. My best friend growing up I call her parents aunt and uncle and her my cousin but there is no real relation. We have an extra grandma from this same philosophy. HOWEVER, I've experienced living by siblings, grandparents, aunts, uncles, parents, and it is really nice too.
I'm really excited for the adventure ahead of us. At this point there are still A LOT of unknowns. But I do know Mike is back to his old self. The stress is a much different stress and I like this stress better. I know we're going to have fun and meet lots of new people and find some more family where ever we go.
7 comments:
That is very exciting Julie. I can't wait to find out where you will end up; maybe Houston!!! :)
Keep us udpated.
Congrats and we'll have to have a play date before you guys take off to Timbuktu!
Best of luck Julie! Sounds scary, but exciting to me. I hope everything goes smoothly. You are a wonderful friend to have, so you will find "family" everywhere you go.
Bittersweet- for selfish reasons :) So excited for you guys!
Yay! I can definately understand the relief you must feel now that Mike has a job. We went through pretty much the same thing right when Paisley was born. I don't know how long you've had to last, but I know any amount of time is a lot of stress on a husband and family. So, CONGRATULATIONS! I'm glad things are looking up for you!
Congratulations! Leaving family and friends and familiarity in general is hard, but it is fun and I am sure that you will fit in where ever you are!
Wow, crazy stuff! Congratulations on your job offer and Mike's job offer. I hope it all works out for the best. Update us soon so we know what you're doing.
Post a Comment