Who knew Spokane was en route from Yuma, Arizona to Connecticut? Well, we are for these special people! My sister's family is making a cross country move, it doesn't get much farther apart than these two places. Anyway, they were already going to be in Utah, it's been over a year since we saw them, and we don't know when we will get to see them again, so they added us to their trek. They have 4 kids, with their youngest 2 weeks younger than Isabelle. From the second they walked in the door, I didn't see my kids for 3 days. They played like crazy. Not to mention, I got to hang out with my sister. Never enough sister time.
We went to pick some fruit. We were in between cherry and peach season, but found one last little place finishing up their cherry picking. They were delicious! We ate, and picked, and ate. Everyone came out purple. We brought home almost 10 pounds of cherries which were ALL gone 3 days later.
On our way out, I noticed a pile of zucchini and asked if she was selling those too. Sure enough and super cheap, I got a couple to make some zucchini bread. We are missing family's free leftover zucchini.
Mike took each of the kids on a short little 4-wheeler ride around the neighborhood. He also let all the kids fly his remote control helicopter a few times.
We went swimming at our YMCA. Melanie's family had these kickboards, Michael is in love. No, I'm not exaggerating. This is him kissing it after we got home. I put them away and he found it. Melanie donated this to the our family pool equipment.
We had lots of fun with them here. Sam cooked dinner for me, Melanie had her kids clean all 3 bathrooms, sweep and mop my kitchen, and vacuum my house before they left. My house was considerably cleaner when they left than when they got here. We got to play lots of games, and Mike actually lost 4 IN A ROW....if you know us, you know this has absolutely NEVER happened. He claimed sleep deprivation....excuses. They have a dog, so Jake enjoyed the visit too. Sam took Jake on his morning runs. He needs 5-8 mile runs more often. Once he got home, Jake barely moved for the rest of the day. He didn't try to run away once.
I was so sad to see them go. I now have to entertain my own children again and clean my own house. They were a huge help! I'm going to miss them a ton! Not only will we not see them very often, but we are in completely wrong time zones. I'm the night owl, she's the early bird, and we're 3 hours different and we talk on the phone a lot. Our every other day phone calls will be tricky.
1 comment:
Julie, love reading your blog :) Glad you're doing well, we miss you back here in the EM!
Post a Comment