Sunday, September 11, 2011

Waiting, waiting, waiting

My parents came up at the end of August. We were hoping I'd have the baby before my dad had to go back home, but it didn't happen. While we were waiting for me to pop, we did some fun things.

We went to the North Idaho Fair. Isabelle pet a tortoise and an alligator. The kids fed the animals at the petting zoo, and they got to ride one ride. We tried the famous "Elephant Ears" which is really a ginormous cinnamon sugar scone, and a huckleberry shake that was to die for. We had a blast.



We watched the A-Team. Mom and I were sitting at the table and looked over to see Mike and my dad sitting in the exact same position.


We took a 5 hour drive to look at the beautiful country side. My parents haven't done much driving around here, so we loaded up a picnic and headed out. We stopped to throw rocks in a pond, take pictures, and did a short little hike to a waterfall.

We went to Greenbluff again and this time picked peaches. We tried these new donut peaches that looked funny but were SO delicious! Then we made 12 pints of jam.

One night we grabbed a pizza dinner and headed to a park and splash pad for a picnic. Grandpa showed Isabelle the art of frisbee throwing, which is a must in my family.

A little blurry, but I love this face!

My mom came to Zumba with me, and that I don't have a picture of but wish I did. She picked it up quickly and it was so fun to workout with my mom again!

We played lots of games, including rule-hodge-podge Mexican Train. We had a great time! The only downside was Luke decided to wait his sweet time to come and my dad had to leave before the baby came. My mom stayed here to help. I find I have a way harder time those last couple weeks of pregnancy than I do the first few weeks of a newborn. It was awesome to have someone else do dinner, dishes, and bedtime. As always, it was fun to have my parents here!

2 comments:

Casey said...

This blog post is perfectly structured- great picture to commentary ratio! AND great pictures! I want to come visit!!!

Lissa said...

How fun! I wish my mom was able to come stay with me before and/or after my babies are born. I'm always jealous of those with parents who can and do. Looks like you have a lot of really cool things to do there.