We've always had a small corner for our tree and it's never looked this pathetic. 12 foot ceilings don't help. We have been joking about our teeny tree. From outside it barely shows past the center window pane. It's pretty funny!
I made sure I actually took a picture of each kid this year. :) Christmas morning, Luke was a monster. I think he's growing. He was constantly into everyone's stocking food. I'm pretty sure he ate at least half of everyone's animal cookies after polishing off his box.
Random pictures.....Michael got his Cars squinkies, but they have since been hidden with his Cars shrine. He hasn't actually played with them. Haha! He did love his other present, the fishing game and asks to play it all the time!
Isabelle got her doggie in a purse.
Luke got a ball pit
I got a washer, dryer, fridge, dishwasher, and microwave last week for Christmas, but Mike still got me my Christmas puzzle. One happy lady!
Mike also got a washer, dryer, fridge, dishwasher and microwave last week for Christmas, but when I saw him attempting to trim our horribly overgrown bushes with some pathetic tool, I found the perfect present for him to open. :)
Isabelle got the gear to start up some dance lessons. Despite her unenthusiastic face, she was shrieking with excitement.
This picture makes me happy. All my boys. :)
And the award for best toy this year (ie most entertainment value so far)....drum roll please.......
Runner up goes to the marble run we gave Michael. So much fun.
And the winner is.....the ball pit Santa brought Luke. I don't even mind finding stray balls ALL OVER MY HOUSE. Seriously such a fun toy for ALL ages!!
I made Mike's traditional Christmas breakfast, and other than being a bit late, it was perfect! It was beautiful and delicious. Mike's quote of the morning, "Breakfast is great, Hon. It's a Christmas miracle!" Hahaha! Yes, I am that much of a kitchen disaster. At 2 we went to a friends' house with another family. We didn't get home until super late and had a great time.
All in all it was wonderful Christmas season. We miss our family, but are grateful for new wonderful friends. We had lots of chances to really reflect on the true meaning of Christmas as we spoke and sang of Christ. My children soaked up the story and the "Baby Jesus Movie" was one of the most requested Christmas movies. They played with our two child approved nativities and acted out the parts of that special event. I love the ages my kids are now. The Santa part of Christmas is so magical and the Jesus part is so simple yet spiritual.

3 comments:
so cute! your house seriously looks so pretty! it reminds me a little of your eagle mountain house (at least what I can see).
I love the boys' dinosaur pajamas. :) I'm glad you guys had a good Christmas!
oh boy she has a really hot body
Post a Comment