Tuesday, September 10, 2013

I Guess They Do Catch Something



Playing with blocks, Isabelle said, "Look what I made!"  I had her tell me about it.  "It's the Jaredites crossing the sea to the promised land.  The blue is the water, and the triangles are the boats." She then proceeded to tell me the story and that it was one of her favorites.  So often, I feel like what we try to teach our kids is going in one ear and out the other.  Sometimes I wonder why we even try?! Then they surprise you with stuff like that.

Isabelle does love scriptures in general.  We were having issues with going to bed.  I put scriptures on my laptop in the hall outside the kids' bedrooms when they make it to bed on time. Isabelle loves it.  She often will cry if she's gone to bed too late and I won't let her listen to scriptures.

We also have some animated scriptures recorded on our tv.  One Saturday morning, Michael came to our room, "I HATE Jesus!"  Mike and I looked at each other, What?!  "Sister only ever wants to watch Jesus movies!  I don't always want to watch Jesus! I want to watch Cars!"  It is often what she chooses any day of the week if she gets reign of the remote.

I love seeing her love the Scriptures.
Posted by Picasa


No comments: