Monday, October 6, 2014

New Beginnings

We started piano lessons.  She has been bugging and bugging me to start.  I was going to wait until soccer was over, but figured, what the heck?  We'll give it a go.  She loved it and picked it up super quick.  I however, have done a shotty job at follow up.  So while yes, we have started, we haven't made a ton of progress since.  Baby steps, baby steps. A new habit is hard to start! She sits down and plays around a lot, and practices sometimes.  Our lessons have gone well.  I'm enjoying it. But since I've never done this part before, it's a learning curve for the both of us. I'm excited to share my love for the piano with my kids.  I'm SO grateful my mom pushed and pushed and pushed me to get to a point where I enjoyed it. I sit down and play almost every day.  I've lost a lot of my skill being pianoless for 4 years, but it comes back slowly, but surely. I love music and the power good music has. 

No comments: