Saturday, May 30, 2015

Happy Easter!

 We had a fun little Easter. A little egg hunt in the morning with a basket. Sticky buns for breakfast (which is actually a conference tradition.  It always throws me off when we have Easter on conference.  Difficult to shove two sets of traditions together with still keeping the sacred nature of them both.) This year the kids each got their own picture of Christ to put in their rooms.  I was originally going to let them pick them out themselves.  But it came down to a rush before knee surgery (weeks before Easter) knowing I wasn't going to get around to much shopping.  Luke was with me, so he helped me pick them all out.  It was so funny the one he picked.  He picked the same picture of Jesus we already have in our house.  I kept saying, "But we already have that one. How about you pick one we don't have?"  He refused!  They all loved them. (And months later, are still enjoying them.)  When we hung them up, They all wanted to be able to see Jesus from their bed.  Michael explained, "I like to look at him when I try to sleep." 

Isabelle loved the candy, of course.

I love when I catch an excited face just right. :) Really they all just love an excuse to eat candy for breakfast. 

This face makes me laugh.  I now don't remember what he was so excited about, candy, or the couple of little cars he got, but he was SUPER excited Easter morning.  

He definitely caught on quickly that there was something yummy in the eggs.  He had to open the eggs before he could find another one.  

After our short little Easter stuff, we watched conference and then went to Mike's parent's house for the last session and a delicious Easter dinner and egg hunt from Grandma and Grandpa. Such a wonderful holiday to remember such a wonderful event. 



No comments: