Thursday, February 14, 2008

What a mess!

Last night was a crazy mess. If you live in Utah, you saw the news of all the mess in Utah County, especially Eagle Mountian and Alpine. We started getting a storm around 2:30. It was just getting kind of bad when we had to leave for Provo. Mike's taking an LSAT prep course down there. We left at 3:20 and made it to Provo just fine. Mike went to his class, and I went to Jill's apartment to hang out and play with Isabelle. At 6:30 I got a call from my neighbor. Her husband had left for work at 3:30, just 1o minutes after us and he was stuck on the road outside our neighborhood about 1 mile away. He couldn't turn around or go anywhere. He had been stopped for 3 hours just sitting in his car. There was a 16 car pile up and no one could get through. The wind was so bad it was a complete white out. Mike's class got out at 7 and we had to head home to let Jake out. We thought the mess might be cleaned up enough by time we got close. I-15 was backed up just a couple of miles outside of Provo. Everything was backed up and closed. We took some back roads through Lehi and skipped about 2/3rds of the mess. We still sat in our car for quite a while. We got told the road home was closed and had to go another back way. We finally made it home in 4 1/2 hours at 11:30 pm.

Isabelle did amazingly well. Up until last night, she has never been awake and happy in her car seat. She is either screaming or asleep. Once she woke up she was hungry, we were stopped on the interstate, but you never know when you'll get to move 1 car length. So, I got in the back of the car and nursed her in her seat. After that she was happy as long as I was playing with her. Her diaper needed changing desperately. Finally Mike got out to help push a car that got stuck, so I removed some of her heavy layers of clothes and changed her diaper. About 30 minutes before we got home, she finally fell asleep again.


Isn't the point of a covered porch so you don't have to shovel it?! The wind was so bad it was blowing the snow sideways. Our front and back porches were caked with snow! It was crazy.

Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Nicole said...

Wow, what a story. I'm glad it worked out so well for you guys, besides spending so much extra time in the car.