Monday, May 19, 2008

Ideas for something quiet....


It's currently 8:37 in the am. (Yes, I know by now everyone else has been up for hours, but not the Ward household, no one functions for they day until 10.) Isabelle just went back to sleep. The dog has been let out, but since been locked back up so he realizes it isn't exciting to wake up before 10. Of course, Mike is still snoozing away. I have 1 hour before I'm meeting my neighbor for the workout video of the day. I'm determined not to go back to bed. I have been lately, and I just wake up crankier than I laid back down. What should I go work on? This has been happening to me lately and I want to get a routine going. I want to improve the cleanliness of my home quietly for an hour before anyone gets up. I'm sure I could vacuum or do laundry and everyone would continue to sleep through it all, but it's quiet and I don't want to disturb the silence. It's so nice. So here's my question....what's your favorite quiet house chore (other than blogging, of course)?

3 comments:

jamieBEE said...

my favorite quite house choir is reading my scriptures ;) If I wake up before the girls I pull out my ensign and read a few articles....It always makes my day better and I seem to get more chores done during the normal BUZZing hours of the day. :) Good LUCK!
and check out FlyLady.net if you want a routine for housework - it got me started in the right direction.

Tawsha said...

Hi Julie! Its so fun reading your blog! We have struggled with the same thing - a consistent routine. Lately we have really gotten in a helpful routine of bath-time, prayers, and then we lay Shelby down for bed. She's getting to where she knows its bed time now. We try to make bed time 10:30 which I know is pretty late for most folks, but if we keep her up until then, she sleeps-in longer, which gives me time to get up before her, shower, and have a few minutes to organize my day. So that's not really a chore, but a routine that has been helping us get our "chores "done. =)

Tawsha

John said...

We never function much before 10am either. And now that school is out we don't have to. For quiet chores: Dusting, sweeping the garage (if you have one), folding laundry, and I second the reading scriptures or the Ensign.