Saturday, February 21, 2009

Our Little Busy Jabber-walkie

Not much has been going on as far as events go in our household, but Isabelle is full of change and more entertainment than Mike and I ever dreamed of. She has turned into quite the little girl and is no longer my little baby. She walks around the house talking and running constantly, hence Mike has nicknamed her Jabber-walkie. Her vocabulary has gotten HUGE! She now knows 15+ animal sounds, some sign language, and so many words! I taught her just a little sign language to get us by until her important words were intelligible. This cut down her tantrums tremendously. She's learned lots of new "tricks" as I like to call them. My favorite one is to watch her fold her arms and bow her head for prayers. She's usually pretty good (as far as little kids go), unless Jake is being distracting. When we say "Amen" she says it and throws her arms up. It's so cute! She's starting to be very independent and knows what she wants. It's so funny to watch such a little body give you the evil eyes and shake their head at you. I often have to turn my head away from her to smile when she's being funny...ie naughty.

Some of her other cute and silly things include:
1. She will eat as many flour tortillas a day as I let her. Just a plain nasty flour tortilla. It could be worse!
2. She will eat as many fruit snacks as she can get ahold of and can open them herself. If the pantry got left open (before I moved the fruit snacks), she would grab a bunch and hide them somewhere. Then throughout the day she would walk by with ANOTHER pack of fruit snacks. She's tricky!
3. She calls me "Dew-ee" (Julie) now.
4. She knows "please" in sign language which is nice when she wants something and is learning to be polite, but now she just comes up to me saying "please" over and over again in sign language, but I have no idea what she wants.
5. She successfully unlocked Mike's phone and called 911 and even "talked" to them. Cell phones are now banned.
6. After we get her shoes on, she immediately goes to the bathroom for hair bows.
7. She has figured out water comes out of the fridge with a tall enough cup. It's mostly in her face, but she still tries anyway. I'm just waiting for the day I find a flooded kitchen. Our ice/water dispencer doesn't have a lock on it. It's going to be a fun couple of months.
8. She has come up with some intersting new sleeping positions, but continues to still use her blanket as a binky. She can be in a dead sleep and if you take that blanket out of her mouth, it's not a pretty sight.

9. Her new favorite thing is buckets. She even says bucket! She has 3 different buckets she plays with during the day filling them with all sorts of random things. This use of buckets also explains how our toothpaste made it downstairs, and my kitchen magnets made it upstairs, along with MANY other odd moments. Any time Mike finds something so oddly out of place, he always looks at me first. He's starting to get the hang of the fact that I'm not the only one that moves things now. :)

10. She asks to go outside all the time. This was 8:00 at night and she was determined to go outside. She gets her hat on and attempts to get her boots and coat on and stands at the door yelling "Ou-side."


Motherhood has already been so rewarding and we're only 15 months in. Isabelle is such a delightful kid. She's learning so quickly and I know I don't realize half of what's going on in that little busy body. She will slow down for a few minutes with me as long as I have a book to read her. I just love her more and more every second!
Posted by Picasa

6 comments:

Becca said...

oh my gosh she is SO cute! And so freakin' smart! She reminds me of Ada in that way. Not that Grace isn't smart...but let's face it, she's been saying Dad and Gum for about 6 months now. Nothing new, really, over time. ;o) haha. Anyway - I love that sucks on her blanket, lets you put bows in her hair, and gets herself ready to go outside! What a cute cute girl!

Aren't girls the best? Truly, so much fun!!!

Brandon and Natalie said...

How cute! She is getting so big. My Emmy was and still knows the fact that after you get dressed, it is time for bows. Too cute!

John said...

She is just adorable. I love the jabber-walkie nickname.

Jessie said...

What a cutie! Aren't girls the best? I sure think so. I love hearing from you on your blog Julie. We need to get together ASAP!

Lissa said...

What a little stinker! Isn't it amazing how quickly they grow? I love it!

Kathryn Cooper said...

She is so precious! I'm glad I found you on facebook. I have to turn my head and smile all the time. Of course we can't let our kids think being naughty is funny even when it's hilarious. check out my blog to see my wild boys. texanlife-cooperfamily.blogspot.com