Wednesday, August 26, 2009

How many people does it take to change a light bulb?

3! Well, one adult, one toddler, and a dog. I was making breakfast and looked over and saw this. I tought it was cute. She dragged her little chair over and stood just like dad. So helpful. And yes, jammies and shoes again.





Isabelle's new favorite phrase is "I help." or "I do it." I never thought so few words could irritate me quite so much. I love that she's learning new things, but I have very little patience pregnant. I often feel bad I get so impatient with her and can't wait to be my old mostly patient self again in a few short months. LOTS of deep breaths later, she has learned to get dressed and undressed a little bit by her self. She brushes her teeth, washes her hands, sits on the potty, soaps herself in the shower/bath, gets in and out of her high chair, eats cereal in a bowl with milk, opens doors, blows her nose, makes her bed and mine, helps with the laundry, buckles herself in her car seat....the list goes on and on. Granted most of these things she does still need a little bit of help with, but she's on her way to being a fully functioning, independent kid. I can't believe it! She is such a happy kid and so forgiving to her poor mother. On my rough days, she so sweetly gives me lots of hugs and kisses, pats me on the back and says, "I sorry, Mommy." I'm such a lucky mom!
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Glenene said...

Luckily pregnancy doesn't last forever!

Chris and Shani said...

Cute pics! It was fun to have you guys over last night