Tuesday, November 16, 2010

My Sweet Boy is 1!!!!

Michael just had a birthday. He is a whoppin one years old. How do they grow up so fast?

He got to have a delicious dinner, rice, peas, and apple sauce...yum-o. Poor kid is still having SERIOUS digestive issues.

Tried to grab the candle and almost blew it out. Even after the fire was out, he kept trying to get to the ligther and candle on the table. He really liked the fire. He's a true boy already.

This says exactly how he felt about his "cake." Yellow cupcake with no frosting. He loved it! He also said loud and clear, "Num Num!" That's a first. I was hoping it wouldn't hurt his tummy. Well after being up 4 times last night, I think we can add yellow cake mix to the long list of "no can eat."



This is as messy as he got by the end. Sorry folks, no chocolate cake and chocolate frosting smeared everywhere, just a few yellow crumbs. He looks drunk, but this was the best we got.

Been a while with all of us in one picture. I had to throw this one in.

A moment when big sisters are helpful. "What do I do with this?" Isabelle was happy to demonstrate and open them all for him.


Everyone playing with the loot. A puzzle, book, legos, animals on wheels, and of course hot wheels! Michael is already a pro at the car noise. Once again I'm stunned at how quickly some gender tendencies shows up.


Happy birthday to my sweet baby boy. A few things about Michael.

He is still tiny. He still can't eat dairy along with most other food. He eats crackers, cheerios, bread, tortillas, peas, sweet potatoes, apple sauce and squash. What is he 6 months old? Yeah, it's annoying. Poor kid screams hysterically and has a blow out every single time he poops if he eats something wrong. It's awesome. On the good side he has NEVER pooped in the tub, unlike Isabelle who used to make it a bi-weekly event. He doesn't talk much, just your basic mom, dad, dog, etc. He is great at 'Oooo' and car noises. He's starting to pick up the couple of signs I have taught him. He does food and done. He's walking mostly, but still very much in the drunken sailor stage. He has 6 teeth and is really happy and sweet as long as his tummy doesn't hurt. He LOVES baths, books, legos, and cars. He also loves any kind of ball and has a great arm. He loves to throw a ball back and forth. It's so cute! He is super attached to a type of blanket. He's a great sleeper, when his tummy doesn't hurt. He has to move constantly and is such a cute wiggle worm. We love our little man!

This face makes my heart melt! I just love him!

6 comments:

Meredith said...

Absolutely adorable. Really, I could just eat him up. I can't believe he is one already! I hope food stuff continues to get better!

Glenene said...

So sorry the cake didn't go well :(

He is so adorable!! Kiss him for me!

rozanny said...

Happy Birthday! I can't believe he's 1 already! What a cutie... and he probably doesn't have it but you might want to get him checked for Celiac or Gluten Intolerance... It runs in my family and in Jer's family... and digestive problems before the age of 2 is one symptom.

Jill said...

oh he is so adorable! I'm so excited to see him. Will Saturday just hurry up and get here please?

Party of Five said...

I understand all of the allergy issues! Don't give up you will find something that works for him! Here is a link to some allergen free cupcakes and frosting for the next time! Also Oreos are milk and egg free! Egg allergies are very common with milk allergies so watch for that. Good luck and let me know if you need any more recipes or good substitutes for milk and eggs!
http://www.marthastewart.com/recipe/divvies-chocolate-cupcakes

Jessie said...

Happy birthday little Michael! What a cutie! Sorry about his tummy troubles. Hopefully it resolves soon!