1 week ago
Monday, March 14, 2011
My First.....
Car Accident! So, it was quite adventuresome. I dropped my kids off yesterday morning at a friend's house and went to the doctor. Picked them up, fed them lunch, and took them to another friend's house for me to go to a dentist appointment. On my way to the dentist, a lady was pulling out of a driveway and couldn't see around an illegally parked semi truck. I saw her as I was passing her and she was about to hit me, so I gunned it. Unfortunately, she still got me in the back. The truck spun almost 90 degrees. I tried to move the truck but it just made a funny sound and didn't move. So I got out to assess the damage. My rear passenger tire is pushed into the bed of my truck enough that the tire no longer spins. Yada, yada, yada....all the cops etc tow truck etc, and the best part, Monday is Mike's Moses Lake day which is almost a 2 hour drive. He started on his way home to help. The lady with my kids was so nice and told me not to worry about them. I called another lady in the ward to give me a ride to the doctor and Mike met me there. My brother, Mr. Allstate agent, was SUPER helpful! It wasn't my fault at all. The lady got a ticket, and the truck driver got a parking ticket. We haven't heard back how long the truck is going to take, so until then we are a one car family. That's fine and all for a bit, but Mike doesn't have a job I can just drop him off at if I need the car for a day. Anyway, I never made it to the dentist and luckily the kids weren't in the car! When we went back to pick up the kids, my friend had made us dinner and everything! I'm super sore today. Bending and twisting have been difficult, but Mike was able to work from home today to help out. I'm so grateful for helpful people!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment