Our little miracle baby joined our family on September 2 at 6:16pm. He was 9 lbs. 3 oz. and 21 1/2 inches long. We were going to name him Spencer, but the second I laid eyes on him, he was not a Spencer. Finally, today he has a name. Luke has already been a sweet perfect addition to our little family.
He carried breech most of his pregnancy (all three have). He made the transition to head down and was ready to go and contractions were going crazy around 37 weeks. I was sure he was going to be early. Well then one day, all contractions stopped and things felt off. Luckily I had an appointment Wednesday. I mentioned I hadn't been feeling as much movement, and the dr. was behind so the nurse hooked me up to a non-stress test. Of course, then he moved the most I had felt him move in a few days. When the dr. checking everything he said, "Oh, Julie...." and then the nurse left. She came back with the ultrasound and the baby had turned breech again. His head was in my ribs and one leg was down. We decided to schedule to try flip the baby on Friday and either induce or do a c-section.
Friday arrived. We checked in at 6:45 am. The dr. came in with an ultrasound and he had flipped himself, he was head down and ready to go again. Due to his expert tumbling, the dr. wanted to get him out before he flipped again, even though I was still only 38 weeks and a few days. After he came out, we are all shocked how this monster did all his somersaults.
Lots of pitocin, waiting, and football, I dilated to an 8 by noon, and then everything stopped. I was starving. Finally around 4:30, we started pushing. He got stuck and finally arrived just after my epidural wore off. His cord was attached in a bad spot on the placenta. Turns out lots could have gone wrong with this little baby.
Look at those rolls. Luke is so kissable!
My mom brought the kids up Friday night to meet their brother. Isabelle's face says it all. She is in love!
I love this picture and the facial expressions of everyone. A picture says 1000 words. Michael loves him, but has a very short attention span with him. "Rock baby" "Soft baby" etc. and then runs off to something else. At the hospital he just wanted my leftover french fries. When he said, "Baby yuke" I melted, and that helped me decide, Luke it was.
We were able to go home after 24 hours. We weren't impressed with this hospital at all, so we were happy to go. The kids were up waiting for our arrival, then there was lots of love!

Luke is a great baby so far. The first night in the hospital he slept 7 hours! He also is a quiet sleeper. I had to actually look at his chest to see if he was still breathing because there are no newborn squeaks, grunts or out bursts. It's so weird! He is a sweet great baby!
8 comments:
so cute!!! love the pictures! him and Bradley will be such good buds. :)
YAYAYAYAY! great to hear the whole long story and I'm soooo glad everything is ok baby births can be risky. i'll call soon!
Man he is cute and I love love live his name!! So happy for you guys!
What a doll. Isabelle is adorable too. What a great big sister she is! Glad everything turned out okay.
He's such a chunk. And we love the name. But my favorite part of this post is Isabelle!
He is absolutely adorable! I'm glad that he was watched over and that he's so perfect! Congrats!
I love all the pictures - and you can just *feel* Isabelle's excitement!!
CONGRATS!! He is huge. I am glad you were able to get him out naturally (not c-section). He looks very kissable. Good luck with three. It is fun!
Post a Comment