Sunday, February 26, 2012

A Little Independence



Michael FINALLY has a desire to actually attempt to dress himself.  Up to this point, he just sits there and waits for me to do it all for him. He got his shoes on all by himself and was so proud. It was adorable.  The picture isn't that great, but you can see no socks and they were on the wrong feet, but that makes it even cuter to me. I've started hearing, "No I do it."  Zippers on sleepers, pulling pants up, shoes, etc.  It's fun.  I love watching kids figure out how to get dressed.  It cracks me up!

Just a few funny words he says.  Everything has 2 syllables and it's repeat. His enunciation really improved alot over just this last week, so many of them have changed, but this is what I had been listening to the last few months.
er-er: oranges
ah-ah: apples
Cha-cha: chocolate
Her-her: horsie (he loves to play horsie on our legs)
Oat-no: oatmeal, this one has stuck.  We all call oatmeal oat-no.  It's quite fun to say.
My-my: Michael.  If you ask him what his name is, he says, "ME!"
Crackers, blanket, and sunglasses all sound the same and it's a hodge podge of sounds, I never understand him. I go through every word in the book until I realize it's one of these three.
Isabelle still translates quite a few things for me.


Posted by Picasa

No comments: