Thursday, December 27, 2012

Tradition!

Well, other than time off, Mike's job is great....but time off is difficult around Christmas in the lab department.   So, we had our first Christmas alone in 8 years.  It was hard and good all at the same time.  We missed all of Mike's family and the week long party that Christmas entails, but it gave us a chance to do a few things of our own and attempt some new traditions.  With the current state of our home, quite a few traditions we actually do didn't happen, ie, gingerbread houses, decorating, tons of stories, etc.  Anyway, we did have a good time together as a family

This was pulling out a couple of decorations.  This reindeer on a motorcycle has been Michael's favorite since he was Luke's age, Isabelle has never loved it.  SO funny to see everyone's reactions when I pulled it out. Isabelle plugged her ears, Michael grinned ear to ear, and Luke started dancing. I finally decorated the Christmas tree my sweet husband put up 2 whole days before Christmas. None of the pictures were very cute.



One night we bundled up with blankies and jammies and headed out to drive around to check out some Christmas lights. (yep that is still paint tape all over my house. )


Christmas Eve morning I started a gazillion layered jello, made cinnamon rolls, and played.  Kids helped.


Christmas Eve Mike had to work in the morning so it ruined plans for a great outing, but we hit a park for a bit.


Blurry, but I had to put it on here....this kid will end up with stitches in his tongue multiple times just like daddy. :)





This year I made picture books for each of the kids of just a few pictures of each month through the year.  The kids LOVED them!  They got to open their book and jammies from Grandma on Christmas Eve.



Just one of the 15 pictures I took trying to get a cute one of Christmas Eve by the tree....fail.

Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Glenene said...

Glad you survived!! Love you!

rozanny said...

Fun fun Christmas!