Sunday, June 8, 2014

Week 1 Baskin Training

Baskin Robbins has a 4 WEEK training program that the owner has to go through before you can be a franchisee....I drew the short straw. It was kind of fun and exciting to do something so different, but also really hard at the same time.  The material was not hard at all.  Being away from my kids and being so spread out for so long was REALLY hard.  One thing I noticed when I got home in the evenings, I had missed my kids and wanted to be with them, but was tired and had little patience for them.  I completely understand the comment that working moms have said to me, "I couldn't be with my kids all day.  I would go crazy."  If being a stay at home mom was anything like the 3 hours I got to see my kids, I wouldn't like it either.  I gained a very different perspective on being a mom, that's for sure.  Anyway, it was fun to use my brain again and feel like a competent adult. 

I could not have done this first week without Mike's mom.   She was a saint to watch all 3 of my boys in a small 2 bedroom apartment without a car for a week!!!!  The playground for the apartment was on the exact opposite side and on a MASSIVE hill.  Mike's mom is amazing! I left for class in the morning, drove home for my lunch break to feed Spencer, and then I drove back for the second part of the day. Came home, played with the boys, ate dinner, put them to bed and then had lots of homework after they were in bed.  It made for a long and crazy day. That first day was HARD!  I was so tired from the move, and getting used to sitting in a classroom for the entire day was such a change.  

 I was in a very small class.  There were just 3 of us.  That first week we had alot of homework. 


When we are apart from the kids, we do "Picture of the Days" alot.  This was my first one to Isabelle.  It was nice to wear a hat and ponytail, jeans, t-shirt, and tennis shoes every day.  Made for easy mornings getting ready. 


The flavor of the Month was Amazing Spiderman 2.  It's bright red and blue vanilla ice cream with a fudge ribbon colored black and has pop rocks candy in it. I brought some home for the boys.  They LOVED it! 




Remember how this cuteness is allergic to dairy?  Yeah, that was the hardest part!  We learned to make everything and everyone else chowed down, while I got to just throw mine away. SO lame! It's a good thing he's adorable. Daiquiri Ice is completely dairy free, and a fruit blast is also dairy free, so I did have a couple of things.   Oh, and their gummy bears are delish!!!



The only thing fun I got to do with the kids was the playground on Saturday morning and a fancy pizza joint on Friday night.  It was DELICIOUS and they made mine cheeseless.




On Saturday, Mike's mom flew back to Salt Lake and took Michael with her.  A HUGE, GIGANTIC thank you to Mike's mom!  We couldn't have done this without her. 

No comments: