Thursday, June 18, 2009

"Da-ye, I sorry"




We made a practical decision and sold the boat on Monday. It was a sad sad day. Sometimes it stinks making the practical choice. It's not always the fun one. We have had so many fun memories on that boat. That's actually how Mike and I met. We've gotten to spend lots of fun times with friends and family boating and camping. We always had a blast even when the weather wasn't perfect or something didn't go right. Isabelle enjoyed it the couple of times she got to go and has been wearing her life jacket around the house saying, "boat." We definitely will be getting another boat when we are done having kids and they're old enough to help out.

As we watched someone else drive off with our boat, Isabelle so sweetly from the backseat said, "Da-ye (Daddy), I sorry."

5 comments:

Casey said...

That was heart breaking to hear! Sorry guys :)

Camille said...

That is sad news! That was a very fun boat. I am glad you have great memories of it, and there will be more great memories when you get another one down the road.

Scott said...

How sad and cute at the same time!

Anonymous said...

I sorry too!

Kim said...

I think thats the sweetest thing ever, she is gonna be such a heartbreaker Julie