Everything went really smoothly with the delivery and recovery. I had been having lots of contractions for 2 days and they got more consistent and stronger. By time I got checked into the hospital, I was already at a 6. After pushing for just 10 minutes (quite different from my 3 1/2 hours with Isabelle), he came into the world showing off his great set of lungs. We're both doing great.
It was great being able to hold him after he was born. It's amazing how much you can love someone so soon!
His hair actually isn't red, although it sure looks like it in this picture. He's got dark brown just like everyone else in our family.
Here we are hanging out at the hospital. I have really felt good after this one. With all the swine flu stuff, kids under 14 can't come visit. I was really disappointed Isabelle couldn't come visit. I know it's for the best, but Mike and I have missed her terribly. I'm ready for the family to be together. I can't wait to see how Isabelle "meets" him.
11 comments:
Congratulations! He's beautiful. And you look amazing!
Yeah! Congratulations Julie! I agree with Kathryn you do look really good for having just had a baby! I am 32 weeks and am feeling the "Is this baby ever going to be here" so you are giving my hope that yes it will happen! He is adorable!
Yay yay! What a cute family. I'm with you on the second one being way easier. Afterward I totally thought, "I can do this again." You look great.
Congratulations!! You look beautiful and he is really look!! I love that big mouth.
Congrats! He is beautiful! I can't wait to see what a good little mama Isabelle is going to be!
Congrats! He is so perfect. I love the last picture of the three of you. Hooray for the Ward family!!
Congrats! He's darling.
Yay! Congrats - what a darling family :)
Congratulations Julie! You look fantastic in your pictures, I'm so glad that this delivery/recovery has been easier for you. Sorry I missed you when I was in UT last week...now I know it was all for a great cause :) love you!
Congratulations. I'm so glad we have a new baby on the block again. Its no fair, you look fantastic. You don't even look like they pumped 14 gallons of water in you. I looked like a pregnant Fred Flinstone after my babies.
Congratulations! That is so exciting! Michael is beautiful!
Post a Comment