Friday, February 11, 2011

Nothing like Going Home

So I'm a terrible picture taker. As in, I always come home from a trip and am confused at the pictures I took. I am horrible at capturing a trip in picture form. I got to hang out back home for a week before the cruise. It was so nice and relaxing. I ate lots of all the things I miss about Texas. Shipley's doughnuts, Whataburger, Blue Bell, BBQ, Mrs. Baird' bread...the list goes on. Not to mention my momma's home cooking. It's so nice to go home no matter what phase of life you're in, home is always home. The older you get, the more "homes" you acquire. I realize I now refer to 3 places as home.

We went to the zoo and the Butterfly exhibit at the museum that my mom volunteers at. We did grandma's "Walking Bingo" which is always a big hit. Michael learned how to throw rocks in the ditch and added "rock" to his vocabulary. Best of all, Mom and I did a puzzle. One of our favorite things to do. I got to see my best friend growing up and took a day trip to visit her house in charming Yoakum, Texas. It was a perfect trip, just too short!

Michael loved the petting zoo, which was really a pen full of goats. He went around and had to hassle all of them.

The big hit was the sea lion show. All three kids were glued. Oh, wait, so were Ashleigh and I. :)

Michael loved these buttons. If you pushed them they made different bug noises (cicadas, crickets, etc) Every time he tried to run away this is where he went.


Isabelle didn't so much love the butterfly thing. She said the butterflies were going to land on her and that scared her. It was kinda funny. You can tell from this picture she was thrilled.

2 comments:

Glenene said...

Happy times!!

Cherie said...

I'm sure lots of people find butterflies terrifying, lol!