Mike's mom and grandma, sisters, aunts, cousins, etc...ALL the ladies that live in the area, get together regularly for "Sister get togethers." They get together and make all sorts of fun things, enjoy lunch, and let all the little bitties run around and play. When we lived in Salt Lake, I used to get to go. I miss these sister get togethers A LOT!!!!!!! Anyway, one time they suggested making these playhouses. It looked like WAAAAY too much work and so I wasn't going to make one, despite the fact I thought Isabelle might have a little fun with it. They ended up making them after I left at the sister get togethers for a few months and for Christmas, Mike's mom and sister, made one for me, I mean my kids. All I can say is, it is AMAZING! And my kids are in LOVE! I thought it would be something that got put up for a day or two and then I'd put it away. It has been almost a completely permanent fixture in my living room since Christmas.
The tree has velcro that leaves and apples go on, the corn stalks have little felt corn husks, the ground has spots to "grow" potatoes and carrots. There are flowers for the flowerbox under the window. There's a mailbox with a little hole, and a window that rolls up with ribbon. It is truly amazing. The kids love to hide things and themselves in there and it has just been the best thing. I guess if I had realized they would love it that much, I might have been willing to make it myself, but instead I'm SOOOO glad that they made it for me. My children would truly have been deprived without it. :) Thanks again, Mom and Sharon (and all the other sisters that pitched in on all these)!
4 comments:
Way cute! I had one growing up and loved it! But I think that the tree is a way cute addition!
Wow that looks amazing!!
I'm so making these for my kids someday soon.
Oh my gosh! That is stinkin adorable!!! I want one!
Post a Comment