Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Cured

I have a new kid. Not only is he the happiest kid on the planet, Michael now eat, sleeps and poops like a normal kid and has turned into a normal toddler tornado. I hadn't realized he was so un-toddler like, until this week. He's no longer distracted on where he's going to get his next scratching fix, so he can concentrate on more important toddler things and he has a few months to make up for. He now dare devily runs and jumps off of anything. Today we have been through 2 rolls of toilet paper, the bookcase has been completely emptied in quick swoops 3 times. The dog water has had to be replaced 4 times. My pans, tupperware, and drawer of bags have all been unloaded twice all at different times. Currently my kitchen chairs are sitting on my table because not only have I found him on the table more times than I can count, one time he started running to run off the table....Apparently he feels better. Apparently, I don't keep up in 90 second intervals, because that is literally all it has taken him to accomplish any of these tasks. So tomorrow, I will get back into toddler mom mode and not wait 90 seconds to check on him when he runs away. Welcome to a new life, Julie. Good luck keeping up and enjoy your new toddler! :)

Look how happy! AND exposed skin with no scratching! I cannot believe the difference this week has made in my little baby!

P.S. Jill this picture in a onesie is for you!

6 comments:

Natalie said...

HAHA! I almost fell off my chair laughing (sorry, you can get payback in 12 mos when we trade places). Good luck w/ your new ball of fire!

Chris and Shani said...

Julie, I'm so glad he is doing so well! He is just as cute as ever. We sure miss you guys!

Jill said...

oh yay! thanks for the picture...I can't get over how cute he is!!! Seriously, we need to see you guys. I'm glad he's feeling so much better. :)

Camille said...

I am so happy that your little guy is happier now. What a relief that must be.
I have a close friend that has a son just a tad bit older than yours that has severe eczema. They have tried so many things and nothing seems to help. What cream stuff are you using? Maybe I can check with my friend and see if they have tried what you are doing.

rozanny said...

I'm looking forward to that one with Sammy! He doesn't have eczema, but he's allergic to eggs, milk, soy and corn (including corn starch, modified food starch, and anything with high fructose corn syrup in it.) The allergenist says that he'll probably grow out of it, but I'm hoping for sooner than later... I'm especially looking forward to a kid that's happy instead of fussy!

John said...

Welcome to the life of a one year old boy! I am so glad that he feels better and you obviously have a good doctor that knows what to do for you. that is great!