A week or so ago, I was laying on Michael's floor while the kids were playing around me (yeah, I'm tons of fun these days) and I said, "Alright, nap time for Michael." Isabelle said, "Mom you look tired, can I do it?" Of course I'm not going to say no. So I sat and watched. She climbed into the rocking chair helped Michael up. She read two stories to him. As soon as the stories were over, she flipped his blanket on her shoulder, and muscled him around until he had his head on her shoulder. She patted his back and sang and rocked. It was all I could do too keep myself for laughing. When she was done, she said, "Ok, now it's bed time." They crawled down and she helped him in his bed, tucked him in. He laid right down and we left as she said, "Good night, Michael. Sleep good." They both loved every second of it.
As we walked out, all I could do was laugh. She is so observant! She copies me exactly. I don't know what's funnier to see so many of my mannerisms, or to watch them depicted by a 3 1/2 year old. She has asked to put Michael down every day this week. I really love putting kids down for naps and bedtime about 6 days a week, so I'm not going give it all to her, but man on "those days" it will be nice. :) Tonight as I was leaving for Young Womens, (the kids are rarely in bed when I come home) I asked Isabelle if she could put Michael to bed for me. She lit up like a Christmas tree. "Of course I can mom!" Sure enough, Michael was in bed when I got home tonight. BLISS!!!!
8 comments:
What a sweetheart! That is the cutest thing ever!
hahaha! awesome! so far, j can obey "put it in the trash" "walk to the car" "wash your face" etc. but give her a doll after pretending to sing to it? she's like "uh, no way." hope a little sibling does the trick. quick, teach her how to do laundry!
Julie, her hair!!! so cute! they both look so different!
love them!
that is so awesome! I think I'd have trouble not bursting into laughter too.
Echoing Jill's comment!! She has hair!!!
That's fantastic!
this is the best post I've ever read. how old is this girl, i swear!!!! Grace would never...and I do mean never...do anything like that. rocky is the easy one to put to bed. Grace is the one I have to tuck in 7 times etc before she even settles down. so there is no way she would help remind us it's bedtime. ha. though she does like to put rocky in timeout...I am not a fan of this, but you know...it happens
Post a Comment