Mike's best friend from high school, Derrick, and his family went through the Portland temple this weekend. We got in on Thursday evening. Friday Mike and Derrick worked a half day and Missy and I got everything ready to go. Missy arranged for some babysitters for Friday and then again for my kids for Saturday. We did the endowment session Friday night. Saturday morning they were sealed with their three cute kiddos, McKall, Trevin, and Ainsley. It was a beautiful sealing. We went to breakfast with everyone that was there. It was just us, one other couple, Missy's good friend and the missionaries. We went home, had naps, and headed to the river for some boating. That night we had smores on their new fire pit and sat around visiting way too late.
Isabelle loved tubing! She took a ride with Mike and Derrick and Kally, then Missy and I took the girls. Isabelle and I ended up in the river and it was only 53 degrees. It was FREEZING!!!!!!!!!!! Isabelle was crying and I kept telling her to kick and she would warm up as we waited to be picked up. It was so cold! We got back in the boat, and she did NOT want to go again. Mike got her to go back out on the tube, but she blames me for the spill. "I like tubing with Daddy. Mommy makes me go in the water." We went to church with them Sunday morning and then headed home after an early dinner. We were all exhausted, but it was such a fun, perfect weekend with friends.





No comments:
Post a Comment