Saturday, March 23, 2013

Family Fun!

Seriously a fun weekend!  Last Thursday night, Mike's lab team had fancy hotel rooms and a fancy dinner down in St. Augustine (30 min away) and then took Friday off.  We contemplated how we would handle it, being the only ones with little kids.  We decided to make a family weekend of it.  We pulled into the hotel that only had valet parking and felt a little out of our element.  While waiting for Mike to check in, the kids and I sat in the lobby feeling very out of place and nervous my kids were going to break something.  I was thinking over and over, why in the world did we think this was a good idea?!  We should have just gotten a babysitter for the dinner part and not spent the night!  We took our stuff to the room, got settled and went walking. And things were pretty perfect from that point on. Then we went picked up Wendy's and a redbox and went back to the room.  Mike headed out for his dinner with all the other couples, and I ordered room service.

The kids thought it was awesome!  Haha!  I guess they forgot we lived in a hotel for 4 weeks just a few short months ago!


After dinner, we cued up a couple of redbox movies, snuggled in bed and munched on candy.


Luke just wandered around being cute.  The pack and play fit in the shower. The second he showed tired signs, I got him in bed and he was giggling and making noises.  I think it echoed in there.  It was pitch black and he slept til almost 8:30!!!!!


My dinner was absolutely delicious!  I even got to enjoy it with the kids watching a movie and Luke just toddling around.  It really was a fabulous evening.  I got to spend time with the kids, no cooking, no dishes, no cleaning.  That to me is a great night!  I did miss out on a great date opportunity, but we'll make up for it next week. :)


The next morning, the kids woke up and started eating candy.  I realized I literally brought NO food with us other than the candy.  Ooops!  Mom fail! Once we got out, it was late and we hit Chick-Fil-A for brunch.  The kids ran around the playland like crazy people. Then we went to the Alligator Farm.  It was pricey, but fun.







We made it home late afternoon and all crashed for some short naps, then headed to the school Isabelle will go to next year for their "Spring Fling."  Bounce houses, pony rides, face painting, food, you don't get any better than that.  The kids were literally squealing with excitement.








Then we ran to Mike's last Old Man Football game where the kids ran around more with friends.  They were so exhausted!  I love fun weekends where we get to spend time together!
Posted by Picasa

No comments: