Monday, March 4, 2013

Warm Rain



As a kid in southeast Texas, we played in the rain all the time! It was warm.  It was fun.  It was fabulous. I moved to Utah, and then Washington.  I tried to play in the rain with my kids, but man rain is COLD!  I just thought, my thermostat must be getting old....no.  It rained here for the first real rain, like I remember as a kid rain, and it was warm and fabulous and it's only early March.

As a kid and teenager, I did play in warm rain more times than I can count.  I made "soup" from the roof runoff and whatever dirt and leaves we could find in Dad's massive metal bucket, stirred it with a stick and tried to serve it up to unsuspecting younger siblings.  I went crawdad hunting, running, and all sorts of other fun rain activities.

This time, Isabelle went out to grab something, and didn't come back in for 45 minutes. She discovered what every kid needs to discover....just how much fun it is to play in the rain. She used a water gun and slurped up the rain from puddles and squirted grassy dirty water all over my windows (don't worry, I don't ever wash them) and giggled for all the world to hear. Granted it was still slightly chilly, to the point I wasn't going to join her, but come May....I'll be barefoot out there with the kiddos.  I love warm rain!
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Jill said...

I just blogged about it. :) after posting that long comment, I realized I wanted to remember that memory. :)

Glenene said...

I do love a good rain!