Tuesday, June 18, 2013

Home Away from Home

We just got back from a fabulous trip home to Utah.  I pretty much took zero pictures.  I just enjoyed every moment.  Mike's mom has a bunch of good ones, I'm sure.  She's always so good at picture taking. Oh well...Here's the couple I actually took.

This is the way to travel.....

Mike with all 3 kids, me across the aisle alone?  Yes please.  Haha.  Good good man.  Actually turns out, I'm too pregnant to have Luke on my lap for more than 5 minute increments.  It started out me and Luke across the aisle and Mike with big kids, didn't last long.  The next 3 flights I took one big kid, Mike took 1 big kid and Luke lap jumped.  As nice as it is that he's still free....it was nothing short of a nightmare.  Nothing entertains him for more than 40 seconds.  So, I packed TONS of food and a pen and paper pad.  He ate or colored pretty much all 4 flights we took, and still screamed on 3 of them.  Have I mentioned before Luke is NOT a traveling kid, car or plane? Maybe next time we should try a train. Haha. The big kids were perfect, so they made up for the Luke disaster.   I also don't recommend running from terminal A to terminal B, pregnant, carrying Luke and a backpack, "Playing chase" with my other two to not miss our next flight while Mike waited for our stroller....Definitely a painful but funny moment. All in all, the traveling out and back was only a category 2 hurricane.

"Quick" recap...we spent time with Mike's sister's family.  She JUST had a baby....as in only 1 week old!  It was awesome! I LOVE babies!!! So we had her other 4 kids at Mike's parent's house alot to play, sleep over, and give Sharon some quiet recovery time at home. We hung out with a few Eagle Mountain people.  We went boating with Mike's cousin and wife and 2 cute boys.  We hit up 7 peaks with our pass of all passes and an arcade place. Made it to the zoo, a tin foil dinner and s'mores up the canyon, played a few games and saw Mike's grandma who is almost 90.  Mike also made it to his two Realtor classes he had to go to and he made it to the sand dunes.  The kids got a trip to the dollar store and ice cream with Grandpa.  We had our favorite Chinese take out, the kids played in the "hot" tub for HOURS swimming. We spent time on the deck enjoying all the beautiful scenery Utah has to offer.  I ate more cheese that I thought I could consume....turns out it's not just that I'm pregnant and things taste weird....cheese in Fl really does taste different.  The kids loved all their cousin time. Isabelle and Sarah enjoyed all their "sleep" overs and just had fun together. I'm sad they don't live closer. We had a blast.  It just wasn't long enough.  We would have loved to see more people and spend more time with the people we did see.





We are all in love with baby Joshua.  At only 6 lbs, you can't help but want to snuggle him every second you can.  He was the most fought over object by everyone.  Luke was completely enamored with him.







Going to Utah, driving in our neighborhood, seeing our house that we still own, but don't get to live in, spending time with our wonderful family and friends that we miss so much, it's hard to see sometimes why our life has turned out the way it has. I've lived in 5 states now, I can say with my personal opinions to back it up, Utah has our favorite form of outdoor life and family life.  While no place is perfect, (I do LOVE humidity) Utah is a happy place for us.  One we hope to make it back to eventually.  Until then, we will just have to let our little vacations tide us over.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: