Saturday, March 7, 2015

So Random, So fun, Saturday

I had a pretty bad fall recently, and I took it easy for a couple days.  A couple Saturday's ago, I didn't do anything but be entertained by my kids.  No chores, just fun. I was laughing all day.  They had a really fun day. 

I made waffles for breakfast, then the kids rode their bikes outside. It started to snow for the first time since Christmas-ish! It wasn't enough to play in yet, so we played in the house.  Built a fort, they put on a magic show for me while I sat, they made a bird's nest out of a torn up newspaper, they had a wrestling match, they did their "Cowabunga Bay" at the bottom of the stairs, they built Legos.  They threw wet cotton balls on the shower walls (not quite sure why this was a game or fun, but it started in Luke's room, I made them move to a non painted wall...I'm a good mom. haha).  They painted and took a long bath together and played forever.  After a decent snow around 5ish they played in it for a bit. 

Isabelle started the magic show and then the other two boys followed.  A facebook status during the intermission of the event..."My kids are putting on a magic show. "close your eyes, mom!" an easy request at 3 in the afternoon. Do I have to open them upon request? And kid magic shows are super entertaining, but not necessarily very magic."

Spencer and hats...he loves helmets too. He wore this most of the day. I put it on him 30 times, at least. 

Pillow cases (still with the pillow in apparently) make great substitutes for magic hats. 



Luke also loves to wear his helmet.  Not sure if this is just because he can't get the buckle off by himself or he actually likes it, but he wears his helmet a lot. 

 Then it started to snow again, and apparently there was a wardrobe change, this is the same day (I actually had to check the dates!), This time there was more to play in so it was super exciting to the kids.  Spencer in general has been difficult to keep in the house lately, by time I made it to the door, he was outside in the snow barefoot. 

Apparently Isabelle was barefoot too...



These really should be marketed as dog AND toddler doors.  He has discovered how to get out.  He's been able to come in through it for a while, but now he likes to go out.  Like I said, I've had a difficult time keeping track of him with appropriate clothing.
(Oh and Michael was barefoot too...Seriously!  Where was their mother?!?!?!)



It was just one of those days that bedtime came around and I realized I was smiling at my kids all day.  Found these couple that Isabelle snapped at some point. Not super flattering, but a good memory, nonetheless.   When you just decide all the chores can wait and you just are going to play with the kids, all the stress goes away and we just have fun. I love getting to play with these kiddos.

1 comment:

The Sullengers said...

I've always looked up to you. You are such a great mom and a great role model! I need to get my inner Julie on and be a more playing mom!