On St. Patty's day, we had some special visitors! My mom's parents live in Cache Valley. We invited them down to lunch for a visit, since I couldn't go anywhere. They came down in the morning and spent most of the afternoon here. It was awesome! I love that my kids are getting to know them better. I've gotten to see them much more often now that I live close. They are so patient and fun loving with my crazy boys! Grandpa brought lots of old photos of his life. We went through them all and I learned lots of new things about him. He was an adorable little boy that loved his dogs and a good strong LDS youth. I found all his stories and pictures fascinating!
When I was in college, before I got married, I would visit their house for a weekend here or there. I called it my cabin in the mountains. It was so nice to get away and feel the love of family. (I also always took my laundry. haha.) I love them so much and have so many happy happy memories with them. I'm so happy I get to keep creating good memories with them and my kids are getting to know my wonderful grandparents too.
No comments:
Post a Comment