Monday, June 1, 2015

The Baby

(I just realized this title could be misleading.  This is not an announcement. haha!) Ok, I'm obsessed with this kid.  He is just cute and funny and makes me smile and giggle all day long. We call him "The Baby."  He gets my phone and asks for "the baby." He likes to look at pictures of himself (and there are TONS on my phone. haha).  He helps clean up and unload the dishwasher and loves to help me sweep (he especially likes to pick through the pile for treasures and then spread it all out again.  Super helpful like that).  He  turned 18 months at the end of March and started nursery.  He loves it (after the initial 3 second "you're leaving me!!!" cry). He is talking up a storm and always says "Thank you."




He's obesessed with trains.  Here he is wearing his train shirt playing trains.  He calls them "Choo Choos." He will sit and play trains in the playroom by himself forever. 




He loves to swing. "Wee! Wee! Wee!"  He cries all day to swing.  With my knee, I have been out of commission for unstable surfaces and a sloped yard with holes and knee high grass definitely qualifies for "unstable." So he has to wait until Mike gets home to swing (unless I can talk a kid into doing it for me.)  He's discovered pockets in his pants and it's pretty much the cutest thing when he walks around with his hands in his pockets or puts rocks or cars in them. 


He seems to have outgrown his dairy difficulties. I still limit how much a day I give him, and make sure he doesn't have dairy at all 3 meals, but his skin and comfort level are looking good.  He LOVES cheese! He bangs on the fridge, "Eese! Eese!" Over and over again until I give him some. He still won't drink anything other than water, but at his last check up he went from the 3-4% to the 14-15%.  He seems to be growing just fine without it.  

Oh he just makes me happy! I'm sure he will get another post of his own sooner than later simply because I'm pretty obsessed. Loving this baby of mine!

No comments: