Thursday, July 16, 2015

A Special Occasion in Boise

So for a few weeks we had some serious crazy going on.  Everyone was gathering for our family reunion in Moab.  I had visitors the week before.  My little sister, Jill, and family came (Jill, I have ZERO pictures from when you stayed here!!!!  "Gasp!!!") for a day on their way to spend time with her husbands family.  And my parents stayed a few days. I had a day to rest (really, why don't I sleep when family is around?  It's too fun to visit!!!) and pack for a short trip for the weekend to Boise Sydney's baptism.  I picked up my parents Saturday morning and we drove up to Boise. It was nice to have extra adults for the long drive up. Thanks to an episode with Jake, we barely made it in time.  We got to Danny's in enough time to change and get back in the car.  I forgot dress shoes for everyone (including me, tennis shoes and a Maxi skirt look awesome together), and I forgot something else major, like tooth brushes or something. I don't remember. 

 I didn't think through the whole "6 hour car ride and then kids needing to sit still for a baptism" thing.  All 3 boys were HORRIBLE!!!!!!  At one point I literally dragged Michael to the foyer by his ankle. Spencer wouldn't go to anyone else, and good ole Luke was just crying about everything.  It was awesome. Ha! I'm still glad we got to go and show Sydney how much we love her.  Isabelle enjoyed it and it was special to her. So it was worth it. We enjoyed the evening BBQ and hanging out with family.  We spent the night and then left early Sunday morning. 

This is the ONLY picture I took!!!! Sunday morning breakfast together. 

We made it home Sunday afternoon to unpack, rest a little, and pack for Moab Monday morning! It was a stressful couple of days, but so worth it!  I love seeing my family!


No comments: