Isabelle and her cousin, Sarah, got to go to the same dance place this last year. It was so much fun. They loved the extra time together and always having a buddy. Too bad we just live too far apart to make it a long term thing. It was a great place to decide if Isabelle liked dance, but it's also a great place to never get very good. She is enrolled at a new dance place just a few minutes from my house with lots of neighbor girls. At the beginning of June, they had their final dance recital for their old place. The theme of the recital was "Night at the Theater." So all of the stuff was from musicals. It was fun music to pass the evening. Isabelle and Sarah had three dances, Hard Knock Life from the new Annie, Masquerade from Phantom of the Opera, and Hairspray from Hairspray.
Last time I took kids for the dress rehearsal and it was a train wreck. This time I got smart and had a babysitter for both nights. I made it a special mommy/daughter event. It was great! For the dress rehearsal, Mike's mom came and watched the whole show. Then Isabelle and I went to Chick Fil A for a special dinner out.
They only danced even remotely close together a tiny bit (which I'm betting has something to do with the amount of chattiness, giggles, and silliness that came from them together). I took lots of pictures of them before the dances. Pure entertainment watching these two.
We had some special visitors for the final performance!!!!! It was just a couple days before our family reunion. My parents and my dad's parents (who are 95) were able to come! Since my parents live so far away, they miss alot of this kind of stuff, It was awesome they were here to make it! Mike also made it for her last two dances. She was so happy to have lots of spectators.
After, we met up with Sharon and Joe's family and Mike's parents (who were all at Jonathan's graduation) for a celebration dinner at Texas Roadhouse. I had just the two girls to help get ready and drove them with me. It's fun being a girl mom. They were being super silly in the back seat. They colored all over their faces with lipstick. It was hilarious! They were super embarrassed to go into the restaurant. We went straight to the bathroom to wash it off, but it didn't come off well. Isabelle made a bigger mess of her face than Sarah and cried when she couldn't get the tinge of pink off her entire face. haha! Then we enjoyed the evening. Such a fun couple of days! We will miss dancing with Sarah, but look forward to many more years of dance to come. Isabelle really loves it.
1 comment:
Love all the posts and staying caught up! Isabelle is sure growing up and getting more and more gorgeous like her momma! I'm glad you blog - don't ever stop :)
Post a Comment