Isabelle is helpful and actually very helpful supervised. She helps with EVERY aspect of Michael's life. Dressing, diapers, stories, playtime, bedtime, etc. She can feed him. It's a big help when she feeds him. I'm ok with her feeding him as long as I get it ready and tell her what to feed him. The other day she put him in his high chair, and gave him some crackers and started mixing up rice cereal and a jar of baby food at like 3:00 (that's his dinner). You wonder where I was while this is happening? How long does it take to fold a small load of laundry? Long enough for ALL of this to happen. She's quick. She has dropped him on his head I don't even know how many times from moving him from getting into the dog food, or trying to climb up the stairs etc. She's being helpful, BUT...what to do?! Any ideas?! I'm running out.
However, all this be said. They LOVE each other. He will tackle her, and she will tackle back nicely as they laugh. He will not nurse while she is in hearing or seeing distance because he just has to be able to see her (as long as mom has him). Isabelle takes Michael on rides in the little red car and drives him around while they laugh hysterically. They snuggle in the grocery cart in the little seat part meant for one kid. Isabelle loves to get in Michael's crib in the morning and play with him. Bath time is just a hoot and you can't help but laugh as they splash around. I love when they just laugh and giggle and growl, and are so silly and it is the cutest thing on the planet! I just wouldn't trade it for the world. In fact I would even love to add another one to the madness. At the end of the day I love being a mom, but there are usually a couple of times during the day I just don't know what to try next with these two! It gives me yet another new respect for my mother. I'm so grateful for Mike and all the hard work he's putting forth for me to be able to stay home with these little sillies. All the little frustrations are so worth it for all the joy that comes with it!!!!
2 comments:
I miss you and your cute kids. I love the glasses Isabelle is wearing. She cracks me up. Love you guys!
I understand completely. They are so worth the joy. Honestly, did I really think I knew true joy until these little ones? I hope you're getting settled. Let me know how you like it up there - maybe we'll join you!
Post a Comment