Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Happy New Year!!!!

Some of our best friends just moved here from Las Vegas just down the road to Quincy, a tiny little town about 2, 2 1/2 hours away from here. Mike and I were ecstatic to find out we were getting friends "close!" They invited us out to Quincy for the new year. It was COLD and by COLD I mean it was negative 4 degrees here in Spokane when I dropped Jake off. Yes, NEGATIVE! I don't know exactly how cold it was that night, but I couldn't have been much warmer.

Anyway, Bart and Kellie have 3 adorable boys and Isabelle plays with them so well. We made it to midnight, eastern time, with the kids and went out to celebrate. Look how cute! (Side note, there was a party at Bart's parent's house that included a white elephant so I had wrapped a bunch of presents) They yelled happy new year and then said, "NOW WE GO OPEN PRESENTS!!!" The adults looked around and were like, um.....and Bart's mom came to the rescue!




She had a little toy for each of the kids. Isabelle got a paper doll set that she has not stopped playing with since. She LOVES it! We've had fun pretending with it.

The next morning we had a blast. Bart's family has cows. They had a little calf who needs to be bottle fed and guess who got to do it?! We did! I don't know who was more excited about this, me or Isabelle?


Then Bart and Mike took kids on snowmobile and four wheeler rides in the freezing temperatures. I helped Kellie get a little more moved in. The kids ran around like hooligans and we had a great time.

We love our friends and have missed them SOOO much!!!!! We are glad to have them "close" again!

No comments: