This week Michael has grown up so much! I must have blinked! His latest obsession is a ball, any ball, any size or color, as long as he can throw it and yell ball, he's happy. He constantly has a ball in his hands and runs/walks around the house saying "ball." He also loves to throw the tennis ball for Jake. It's so cute to watch.
I woke up to hysterical screaming this morning. I walked in his room and said, "Oh baby, what's wrong?" His response, "BALL!" He could see a ball on the floor of his room and couldn't get it. Seriously kid? All that over a ball?
I no longer judge clothing companies for putting grippies on small clothes' feet. Why would you put them on 6 month jammies? What 6 month old is walking? Well, it's not so much that, as what 14 month old is still in 6 month jammies (they are finally getting snug)? This morning he was slipping and sliding all over the kitchen and bathrooms chasing a ball and he got so frustrated. I couldn't help but laugh as he landed in almost splits numerous times. We will be moving up in the jammie world to grippie feet.
He's turned into the pesky little brother already. Watching a movie he kept touching Isabelle's hair. She would swat him away and keep watching. This went on for a bit and finally she said, "WOULD YOU JUST STOP BOTHERING ME?!" Mike and I got a good laugh...and so it begins. He's been starting to fight back when she steals a toy and likes to cause trouble just to make her mad. The other day he was pinching me and Isabelle. She looked at him and said, "We will never get our baby sister if you can't be nice." He also loves to delete all of Isabelle's pictures on her camera. He thinks it's funny cause it makes a fun beeping noise. She thinks it's not so funny, especially when her favorite picture of a cousin named Ethan got erased.
Along with so many other random things, he gives kisses, and hugs, says please and night night. He's mastering the head thrown back, baby dead weight tantrums. He makes dog, dinosaur, bear, lion, and car noises. He gets told at least 3,000 times per shopping trip to sit down (only about 1,000 of them are from me, the rest are from all the other shoppers so involved in my parenting). He loves to put on his shoes and socks and brings me lotion when his back itches and lays in my lap perfectly still (it's the only time). He's silly and still very wiggly, just a more grown up version. I can't believe how fast the time has gone! He's just not a baby anymore!
He does this funny blinking, squinty thing. If you blink your eyes at him, he blinks back and giggles. He'll squint at you and want you to do it back. It's really cute and I finally caught his face on camera. How can you not just laugh at this?
5 comments:
I love all your updates and can you blame her for being upset about Ethan's pic being erased? I would be bummed to :). Love the last picture of Michaels smile. Tell Isabelle hi from me that girl cracks me up.
Isn't it nice when others are so concerned and helpful in your parenting? Just makes me feel warm and fuzzy ;-)
This post made me laugh so much. :) and that last picture is so freaking cute! I love that kid! When are you coming to visit me this semester?
ok so I must confess I stalk your blog ... miss you and hope you move back way sooner than 10 years :)
I do love that last picture! Awesome!
Post a Comment