So I've been looking at this face. A LOT.
Turns out you don't get much done when your baby either sleeps or cries. Visions of Michael were haunting me again. There was no way we could do that again for another year. I continued to try to cut things out, peanuts, tree nuts, eggs...etc thinking it was all related to what I was eating. At his two month appointment, the dr. pointed out he wasn't vomiting, or even spitting up for that matter, and he didn't have diarrhea and was gaining weight REALLY well. Duh! I don't know why I didn't think of that. Those were Michael's major problems. She said he's just super colicky. So, I've gotten to snuggle this bundle lots and lots and haven't done much else. Oh, and I've been enjoying all my delicious foods again. Except chocolate. He screams worse with chocolate.
His two month appointment went great. He weighed in at 12 lbs. We all go flu shots and he got his 2 month shots. Isabelle was quite dramatic about the whole thing. She was so worried about Luke getting shots and he barely cried, but when she got her shot, she screamed so loud. The nurse even commented, "Wow! I think I'm deaf after that one." We were quite the family circus with the entire family at the dr. Luckily everyone was on best behavior for the most part.
A couple of days ago, it hit me that I never know what time it is with the insanity around here and that could be why he is so extra fussy. So I've been paying super close attention to the clock and the last 3 days, he's been so much better. He definitely needs a schedule. We've gotten lots of smiles, and even an couple of giggles.

2 comments:
So glad he is happier -- and so are you!!
That is one of the cutest sad faces I have ever seen. Sorry he cries so much. Have you heard of Gripe Water? It is awesome for colicky babies. You can find it at health food stores.
Post a Comment