Thursday, November 3, 2011

A Child's Prayer


Sometimes you just never know what your kid wants until you hear their prayers. Some of the things Isabelle has prayed for over the last little bit:

  • "Help me to not breathe on Luke" (She had been sick)
  • "Bless Daddy to get more bubbles in his packages in the mail" (You can never have enough bubble wrap)
  • "Bless Mommy to quit being mean" (Self explanatory)
  • "Help me to not be scared of the dark." (Mike and I looked at each other...what? She's scared of the dark?)
  • "Bless Sydney to not have to go home."
  • "Bless Grandpa to not get bit by a dog." (What the?)
  • "Bless Dinner to actually be yummy."
And so many others that are just as random, I wish I could remember. As funny as this is, I'm glad she understands she can pray for things that are important to her, even if they seem silly to someone else.

Michael is also starting to copy prayers. At his age Isabelle had already taken over praying at every opportunity. Even still she has a hard time sharing the center of attention. If you are ever a guest at our house, just know, even when someone else is called on, she has to pray as well. She must be a first child, or something.

The other day, I asked Isabelle to bring me something. She said, "I can't! My hands are all slobbery." She had just put on lotion. I thought that was a clever way to describe not all the way rubbed in lotion.
Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

Nicole said...

I love it! I hate when my hands are slobbery too.

Last night Mary prayed that she wouldn't get the spooks. It's so funny when they bless Mommy to be nice. Happens all the time around here (for good reason, I guess).

Glenene said...

Love it! I've heard some of her prayers -- too cute!!

John said...

Last year Rachel was praying for dinosaurs and fairies to be real. I loves those interesting prayers.