Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Alone Time

So, I'm finally getting it.  Luke is 4 months old.  This is by far the longest it's taken me to feel "in the groove" after a baby.  It seemed like just as I was starting to get it, something happened.  Finally we are THERE!  There is only a few loads of laundry waiting to be done. I'm back to my usual gym routine.  Dinner is on the table mostly on time with almost all of the food groups.  There is nothing growing in two of my three bathrooms.  I'm reading children's books and spending time of the floor playing with my kids.  It's all "good enough."  I've noticed with each kid, I just have to get a little less OCD and a little faster at household chores.  Two things that are difficult for me to do.  One of the things I kept noticing was feeling stretched thin.  I felt like as a whole I spent time with my kids, but not the way I used to.  Everything was a group effort. I missed snuggling just one at a time.  As I looked at our daily schedule, I found time. Difficult to find, but I found some.  Michael wakes up earlier than everyone.  Isabelle is awake while both boys nap.  Luke goes to bed slightly later than the other two.  SO, I'm making the most of these times.  Sometimes it's literally 5 minutes.  One short story, one puzzle, just a chit chat, whatever.  But I'm working on giving each kid undivided time.  Michael gets jipped the most.  I love my morning sleep.  Like I said a work in progress and great in theory.  Now just to execute.

We played in the dark in Michael's room this morning. When I took a picture, Michael said, "Owwww!  Too bright!"
Isabelle doing "art."


Tummy time together with Luke.


Who wants to do housework when you can play with these cute kiddos?  Honestly...Why can't dishes just do themselves?
Posted by Picasa

No comments: