He has a blow out at the gym and all I had was a diaper on me (we were done and going out to the truck, no point in going out and coming back in just to go out again). It was a good blow out too, and there I was using paper towels to clean him up. Then I wrapped him tight in his blankie and headed out. No point in wasting the emergency outfit and having to remember to replace it since we were just going home. (I would have never done this with Isabelle, or Michael)
I found my diaper bag in a box about a month ago. Yeah, I've thrown a diaper, wipes, toy, and cheerios in my purse. Granted my truck has EVERYTHING I need and then some, so I really count that as my real diaper bag: jackets, blankets, emergency outfits, food, diapers, wipes, picnic supplies, sunscreen, you name it...it's there.
His plain white onesies look disgusting. No amount of oxyclean or bleach can cure them anymore
You actually get sad and try to slow them down as they reach their milestones.
He only gets 3-4 board books read just to him. He gets forced to enjoy the big kid books when he want more.
So many other moments, I just chuckle and laugh to myself, "HA! Must be my third."
On the flip side, I am really enjoying Luke as a baby so much. This time is just too short and my 4 year old proves how fast it goes by. So although he comes home naked once in a while, I spoil him with love and hold him a lot and kiss him even more.

4 comments:
Bradley has hardly had any blowouts since he has started solids. But at church last week, he had one...on his white church shirt. I was shocked and then realized I didn't even have a spare outfit in my diaper bag. As I was walking to the bathroom, a lady out walking with her 4th kid, said oh I might have an outfit in my car. It was 20 mins before church was over so I told her not to worry about it. But as I was changing him she brought in a 3-6m white onesie. I told her I had just wiped it up as best as I could and that we would be going home in 20 mins anyways. Then she said, wow you are a calm first time mom! She said she would have been freaking out with her first. hmmm, so if I'm this calm about that kind of stuff with my first, how do you think I will be with my third???
Calm and unflappable is good!!
Good work Julie! Nothing wrong with a naked kid, right?!?! Sydney had a big blow out at church once when she was tiny. We had nothing, so she went with a blanket wrapped around her the last two hours. Kind of funny, but kind of embarrassing.
THANK YOU for helping me justify to Dave why my car IS the diaper bag. You never know what you need to extend the happiness and the shopping trip.
Post a Comment