1 week ago
Tuesday, May 1, 2012
A Thought Provoking Day
So today, I've had the most interesting day. By no means was it a good day on paper. Mike had a crappy day at work, the kids have been "on one" all day, Luke has been fussy, I got absolutely nothing done, I didn't exercise, yada yada yada. However, it's been one of the best days. It revolves around the people in my life. I'm not one to pour my feelings out for the blogging world to see, but because my blog is for the special people in my life, and I can't call all of you individually, here it is.
I had a great visit with some great friends in our ward today. Completely perspective changing. We talked about children, among other weight loss tips, fast dinner ideas, and the latest shopping finds and deals. What would I do without my kids in my life? They are everything to me. This is why we are parents, to realize just HOW MUCH our Father in Heaven loves us. I cannot get enough of them and their big personalities.
A woman in our ward passed away yesterday. I didn't actually know her, but I heard her testimony the few times she was able to bear it while we lived here. She was completely loved by everyone that knew her. She was diagnosed with brain cancer about a week before we moved into the ward and has been struggling as long as we have lived here. It brought me thinking about the other people in my life battling physical struggles. I wish I could do something to help them fight. They are fighting disease and all the drugs that go along to help that disease. They are fighting to bring children into this world and all the heartache that goes along with that. They are fighting to be able to think clearly and have the mental capacity they once had. They are fighting the affects of aging. They are fighting a reoccurring injury. They are fighting something. They are such strong people whom I love and are fighting when their body wants to give in.
Someone else talked to me of their marriage struggles. It was heart aching to hear their side of the story (there is always two sides to everything), but what this person is dealing with is hard and happening in their home, which should be a special place. It made me think of my sweet husband who works so hard for me to stay home with our kids. He is good to me and thoughtful and helpful and fun. I love our conversations. I love being in our home, especially together with people I love.
Michael sat in my lap looking through "The Friend" with me. He pointed to the Prophet and Jesus, and asked me to sing the song in it over and over and over again. He sang along and asked about the boy praying on the opposite page. It was a special moment, even though the tv was on and Mike and Isabelle were completely engrossed in cartoons, I felt like Michael and I were in a world of our own. That one moment was worth then entire $8 for the year for that magazine.
AND, the conference edition of the Ensign showed up. Conference is so special to me. I get EXTRA excited for it to come in print in a magazine I can have while I sit watching kids in the tub or on my nightstand waiting for Mike to come to bed, or on my kitchen counter waiting for the water to boil. As I thumbed through it, the first thing I always do is look to see how the photographs line up with just the title of the talks. It's amazing to me and one of my most favorite parts. I also read a few talks tonight.
As I ponder on the conversations, talks, and thoughts of the day, I can't help but feel incredibly blessed with the people in my life. They are all so important to me. Everyone is struggling with something. Everyone needs people in their lives. Despite the dishes in my sink and the toys scattered across my living room floor, I have time to call the friend or family member I've been thinking about, or send the card/email that should have been sent. I can hold my kids a little longer, hug them a little tighter, kiss my husband a little longer, pray a little harder, and remember just what is really important. We are all here to help each other make it through just another day. You all help me make it through another day.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Thanks for sharing, Julie. Been in a similar mood this week myself- So much to be grateful for!
Post a Comment