Wednesday, October 17, 2012

My Mom is Better than Yours

So my mother is fabulous, amazing, wonderful....there are not enough words.  We flew my mom up here completely last minute, 7 days notice. She came willingly. I picked her up at 10:00pm Wednesday, and she dropped me off at the airport the next morning. She came up here and watched all three of our kids for 4 days while I met Mike in Jacksonville to house hunt kidless.  Luke happened to start weaning himself just after we found out the time table and I just progressed it along faster than either of us liked, but for the short amount of time we had, I'm so glad I did.  We were super successful on our trip and it almost felt like a mini honeymood with no kids.  Even though I missed my kids horribly, it's so fun to just spend time with the hub.  We drove around in the car (and it was quiet!), chatted, laughed, ate out, and just got to hang out a little.  Trips like these, working or pleasure, just make me remember what I love so much about him.  Sometimes we get so caught up in life that we forget what's important. Anway, I digress....then I came home, and my mom kept me on track.  She kept me level headed in my silly brain.  She reminded me when even the best, most detailed lists were apparently not enough.  I got A LOT done while she was here.  Then to top it all off, she took Luke back to her house until we make the final move to Florida and drive through Houston.  Luke is "that" kid.  The one that either sleeps or screams in the car.  If you haven't had one yet, you haven't had enough kids yet. ;)  The fact he gets to miss out on 3 of the 4 LONG days in the car is fantastic, not to mention it's already made one less thing to worry about.  I know he's in good hands and will be happy and spoiled when I get him back. 



I dropped them off at the airport and totally teared up. It's not like I'm not going to see him again, but still. It's hard to say goodbye to your Mom at an already emotional time. It's hard to say goodbye to your baby anytime. Put the two together....

And I was almost as bad as these two.  They were out of control crying for almost 15 minutes as we drove off from the airport.  It was funny.


Just goes to show, no matter how old you are, you're never too old to need your mom.  Thanks Mom!!!!
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Jill said...

Oh! She is amazing!!! Aren't we so lucky?? Good luck with everything! I love the picture of mom and Luke and then when I scrolled down and saw the one of Michael and Isabelle I laughed really hard. I know it's a sad picture, but it just made me laugh a lot. So cute.

Casey said...

I laughed too :) Sweet kiddos. When will you be driving through Houston??? Keep us posted!
And YAY MOM!