Last week was "the" day. I had one when I found out we were moving to Spokane. The one where I cried almost all day long and I may or may not have consumed all of the junk food in the house. I'm over it now, and excited for the next chapter in our family history. I'm so sad to leave Spokane. I have met some amazing people. More of "those" friends. The ones you just don't want to leave. You hang out with all the time, you're comfortable with them. They love and appreciate you, flaws and all. The ones you just love and appreciate so much you can't imagine your life without them. So I add them to the list of amazing Eagle Mountain, BYU, and Texas people I have left behind over the years. I am a different person because of these great people.
I've learned alot about myself in this last chapter and hope to be able to live what I learned. I had some strong testimony building experiences and saw so many miracles in my life. In Spokane, I was pregnant with and had our 3rd. I was a busy mom of 3 little bitties. As a family we have really pulled together. Without other family, and few friends for the first year, we really leaned how to be our own family. I love what it's done for us. Spokane is absolutely beautiful and amazing for outdoor recreation.
Some things I won't miss about Spokane.
The roads, and road system. Impossible to get around here and a gazillion potholes
The super super cold winters
Getting dark at 3:30 in the afternoon during said cold winters
Getting light at 4am in the summers
The constant of Mike's job, always something that should be done....all the time, evenings, weekends, and on vacations
No fence and Jake running away ALL THE TIME
Living behind a highway
What I will miss about Spokane:
My amazing friends
The North YMCA and all the fabulous people there
Greenbluff fruit and northwest produce in general
Spokane summers are fantastic
Spokane falls are even more amazing
The flexibility of Mike's job
ALL the rocks and the dirt hole our kids have spent hours entertained by
Among other things I'm sure. It's late....
Anyway, we went on a house hunting trip and I immediately felt at home. I think it is largely due to the fact it feels like my childhood home, outside of Houston, Texas. The grass is the same, the ant hills in the grass are the same. The humidity is the same. The trees look the same (except there are some palm trees in Jax). It just feels like home. Mike, however, I think might not make it here. He's already hot and missing snow....So here we go on a new adventure for our family. I'm sure we will have hard trials, happy times, and make unforgettable memories.
5 comments:
:( and :) for you! You know how I feel about you and I'm still emotional about it but we will keep in touch and I know we will see each other again at some point! I'll make it happen! I hope you found a house!
Whew! Good luck!
so happy for you guys! I know exactly what you mean about it feeling like home because the landscape looks the same. That is exactly how I felt coming to Cincy.
I am so excited for you and your family! Moving away from what you know and love is hard, but it always comes with good experiences as well. I am so excited to hear all about your life in Florida. Keep us updated!!! Good luck with everything, Julie. Love you girl!
aw, julie! it is such a long ways and a big change! just remind mike there is a warm body of water to play on close by : ) we love you!
Post a Comment