Wednesday, February 27, 2013

My Happy Place

I STILL have not taken pictures and done a post about my house, but here's a bit.  This is my playroom.  I LOVE it!  It is such a happy happy place in my home.  Can I tell you how wonderful these storage thingys from Costco are?!  They are awesome!!!!!  I got them when they were cheap and Mike groaned as I told him to load another one on the cart. I needed one for toys and one for books! :)


This is my library.  Being an early childhood teacher in my old life, this makes me so happy to have in my house. We sit in the pillows or the green rocking chair and read forever.  Michael will seriously stop ANYTHING he is doing for a story.  Luke doesn't love to read like my other two.  He only loves animal books, but man he sure loves animal books, and has little patience for actual stories, but he does still love to sit with a book in his lap to peruse the pages on his own.  I'll take it. :) Isabelle is learning gradually to read.  I was shocked yesterday when I was reading my book and she pointed out lots of sight words that she knew.   I have actually done very little working with her.  I spend time with my kids doing things they won't learn in school. If she knows how to read going into Kindergarten, she will be BORED and not enjoy school as much.   So instead, we do other stuff. :)


This happy place is right off my kitchen.  You cannot get to this room from anywhere but through my kitchen.  This means, unless you go to my kitchen (which is hiding) you don't see this room.  It doesn't have to be clean all the time!  It means it takes actual effort to get toys out of it.  Instead of all my toys all over my house at the end of the day like my last one, I have a handful or two strewn throughout the house and that's it! It means the kids want to be where I tend to be, the kitchen. It gets the morning sun and has a door to outside. The sounds that come from here make me smile. I hear imaginations.  I hear giggles.  I hear getting along. I hear learning to read. I hear car noises. I hear singing. (Among fights, crying, whining, and toy throwing, but that's beside the point. :) Haha!

Posted by Picasa

5 comments:

Jill said...

looks nice! Bradley will looooove to come visit. :) (me too!!!)

rozanny said...

It looks great!

Momma Twitch said...

I love it!!!! It looks great! I wish we had a room like that. :)

Nicole said...

I feel the same way about school. We have a room like that that I love too. Yours looks perfect.

John said...

That IS a happy place!!!