Wednesday, March 6, 2013

Shocking

Luke is obsessed with electrical outlets.  He is finding things to plug in all the time. When an actual plug isn't found, markers, crayons and pencils work just as well.  Yes, all my cover plates have some sort of marking on them. He manages to pull out the child proof things.  I can't get those things out to save my life! He walks up and in 2 seconds flat has both of them out!  How is this possible?!  He has shocked himself 3, yes 3, times and continues to play with them.  Any ideas?!


"Who me? I'm in trouble? I wasn't playing with this nightlight.  I didn't pull out the childproof thingies. This is my 'I'm too cute to get in trouble' face, closed mouth smile where my cheeks get this cute dimply thing on them. It works like a charm."

He now can reach the drawer where we keep the plugs for cell phones, tablets, etc. He can't see what he's grabbing, but he can always find something!




A regular sight around here.  Look at that face of joy as he successfully plugs something in!

If it's not these cords, it's my hand mixer, my toaster, or any other appliance he can reach.  I have since moved all of them.  My beautiful spotless counters that had no appliances on them, now permanently have everything but my kitchen aid...he's not strong enough...yes he tried. Maybe he'll follow in Grandpa's footsteps and be an electrical engineer.
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Jill said...

haha! he is sooo cute!! He looks so grown up in the first picture. Love his curls!

Erica said...

As far as advice, I would flick Kyla's hand if it was something I absolutely did not want her touch or she could get hurt, but I know some people think that's mean, but at that age when they don't understand what your saying it's a good way to classically condition them. He is a cutie though, maybe find a toy where he can stick stuff into something?! Good luck!!