Sunday, April 7, 2013

Easter Fun

For Easter we had a ward Easter party on Saturday.  Fun stations and finished up with an egg hunt.  Kids had fun.  Then I spent the rest of the day cooking for the Sunday Easter dinner we had at friends' house.








Sunday morning, an Easter bunny hid plastic eggs with candy and money and brought a small basket of goodies.  I'm pretty sure I'm killing the Easter bunny part.  I have no problem still doing the eggs and basket bit, but the Easter bunny thing has never settled well with me.  Then Isabelle was asking all sorts of questions about him/it.  With Santa there's enough folklore that he's a man, how he gets in your house, why he comes, etc.... The Easter bunny is a mess.  Why in the world does a bunny poop eggs?!?!  Anyway, I digress....The kids had fun.  Luke was a chocolate mess for days, Michael has eaten everyone's candy and Isabelle has been planning how to spend her $1.65. Haha. I do love each kid has their own egg color.  They are hidden just for them.  Isabelle is pink, Michael is green, and Luke is blue.





Church was good.  Kids sang in Sacrament Meeting. I was thinking Michael would be scared with his first time up there, but he marched right up there with sister.  At first I was shocked!  Then as he started waving like he was in a parade I began to not be so shocked and just nervous what was next.  Oh, jumping, making faces, and more waving, with very minimal singing.  It was embarrassing  but cute at the same time.  We have since discussed proper performance etiquette....we'll see what mother's day brings. :) After church, we went to friends house, had another egg hunt and had a yummy dinner.  This year I didn't do sugar cookies and we didn't actually dye our eggs.  FAIL!  I absolutely LOVE those two traditions, but they just didn't happen this year.  I had 2 dozen boiled eggs ready to go.  I didn't use any of them for a few days in hopes we got it done a day or so later....by Thursday I busted out our white eggs and we just started eating them. :( Next year, next year....We also give the kids a Christ/church related gift.  This year we got the kids their own small primary song book.  They carry them around singing songs they know, but not on the right pages.  It's pretty adorable.
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Lissa said...

Hahahaha!!! I thought I was the only one with Easter Bunny issues! I actually did kill the Easter Bunny this year. It was liberating! =)