Thursday, October 10, 2013

Coolest Grandma Trick

My mom makes balloon animals.  It's pretty much the coolest thing for a Grandma to know how to do if you are 5, 3, and 2.  My mom came and helped for the last week of pregnancy and first week of newborn life.  It was perfect timing!  She rescued me from a horrible last week.  She came in and took over my house, got kids to school, fixed meals, cleaned the house, and did the laundry while I laid in misery on my bed thinking my eye was going to explode.  She even read to me at night (future post about my cluster headaches).  How about that for a great mom?!  So grateful for a mom that is willing to come and work when needed.  She still got to play a little.  They did balloon animals every other day or so, she took the kids on walks down to the duck pond to feed the ducks.  They had picnics in the backyard and read lots of stories.  Even as an adult, it's always nice to have my mom around.  She also made me chocolate chip cookies twice. :)  Yay for an awesome mom!



Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Jill said...

oh what a good grandma! I feel like I haven't talked to her in AGES!!! you know how it's hard to have a good visit with her when she's traveling and she's been gone for like 2 months! I'm going crazy! Good thing I'll be at her house for 3 weeks. :)