Monday, October 7, 2013

More Spencer

Some funny things about Spencer already.

The moment out of the womb, he had his legs straight and arms out.  Most newborns curl their legs to their bum, not this kid.  He likes them straight out and long.  He was so wiggly already.  Constantly moving when he was awake, not big movements, but always moving.  He was my wiggliest kid in my tummy....to the point he was more active than all 3 other pregnancies COMBINED! I couldn't believe it.  It's been fun to watch him this last week.  His movements are getting pretty big for such a young baby.  He loves to lay on the floor and kicks and waves his arms like a 2 month old.   He doesn't like to be swaddled.  In fact he gets really mad.  And has an incredibly loud cry for a newborn. 


The kids got to come up to the hospital again on Sunday to visit for a while.  The only reason his feet are up was we were touching them. :)   I love this picture of Isabelle and Spencer (and his leg rolls). He loves watching the kids.  He is so alert and awake.  He studies faces and really watches whoever is holding him.


Notice the kids....Luke and Isabelle touching and noticing the baby....Michael has the iPad.  This sums up the two times the kids came to see the baby.


Hello chub!


Luke said Spencer the first time, and it was ADORABLE!


So hard to get a real picture of what a newborn actually looks like!  Every picture, it's not quite right....This still isn't totally him, but it's close.  He looks SO different with his eyes open.

Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Jill said...

OH!!! I love him! He is so so so cute!!! I can't wait until Thanksgiving when I get to meet him. :) And yay for a new van!

The Sullengers said...

Oh my gosh he's so chubby and adorable and so fits into your family! I wish I was there to meet him and help you and be with my friend!