Tuesday, January 14, 2014

The Big Man



Last week Luke decided to potty train himself. It was time and I've needed to do it, but hadn't gotten it all together enough to put my life on hold for a week to be a cheerleader.  I'm glad he's giving me the shove.  He woke up asked to wear underwear and used the toilet.  I didn't even have to use much candy for the day.  The first few days were decently accident free even.  I have been busy with the house and didn't even do any of my normal stuff, ie. NEVER let him leave my sight.  He ran around and played and I'd check every so often.  After about 3 days, around 3 in the afternoon he has started to have lots of accidents and finally asks for a diaper the last couple of days, almost like "Ok, I did it, but it's exhausting! Can I have some down time?!" I'm going with his lead and give in.  I'll do it a few more days, but then I'm going to crack down and finish it up.  Seriously easiest first week of potty training by a LONG SHOT!  Way to go Luke!

His potty train toy is two of the planes from the new Planes movie.  He earns them with a success, and loses them with an accident.  Worked great with my other two! However, Luke is quite tricky about it.  He will lose his planes, and then in the next minute sit on the toilet until he squeezes a couple drops out and comes to get his planes back.  He obviously gets it.  Haha! And can I tell you how nice it is to have overly helpful big siblings?!?!?!?  At this rate I won't even have to lift a finger for Spencer's turn.  :)
Posted by Picasa

No comments: