1 week ago
Thursday, January 20, 2011
A Blast from the Past
If you knew me 15 years ago, you knew I had a gap in my two front teeth almost as large as my Dad's. This has been dubbed, "The Robertson Gap." Thanks to my parent's sacrifice to give me a pretty smile, lots of money, pain, misery, and time at Dr. Buck's office (yes, that really is the ortho's name), I got a beautiful smile. Soon after my braces were off and I was past the "wear your retainer all day" phase, I got to wear it at night. WELL, within a few weeks my gap would attempt to show up by the end of the day just for me to put in my retainer and push them all back together at night. All this movement, Dr. Buck was nice enough to finally just wire my two front teeth shut. Bliss, no more retainers at night, my teeth stayed put all on their own. Three days ago, the glue broke. The Robertson Gap is making its way back into my life, only this time you can see a grey wire between my teeth! I can't get into a dentist to figure out what we're doing for almost a month. So in my desperation to not have the Robertson gap again, and not make the fix that much more expensive/difficult, I put in my retainer last night. All I have to say, IT HURTS! It hurts A LOT! We'll see which I give into, my vanity, or the pain? But my teeth are slowly moving back together again. This is a Blast from the Past, I don't wish to revisit.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
I have a blog award to pass along and after reading through your blog posts I really think you deserve it! :)
Feel free to pick it up at:
http://grammytsamazingadventures.blogspot.com/2011/01/guess-what-this-is-award-i-just-from.html
Hope you'll enjoy my blog, too!
I'm sooo glad the infamous "Robertson gap" passed me up! It's a good thing you kept your retainer through the years. Yay! lol
Post a Comment